Why should you spend some time reading the given article? Well, it's not that easy to choose the best persuasive essay topics out of a pool of great ideas. We will give you a hint what a makes every persuasive paper different from the rest of the academic papers.
The list you will find here is not aiming high just to persuade people that you're right. These topics have many angles, so you may use them to catch an eye of your reader, argue about the specific issue, and then persuade that your idea is right. Once you manage to do so, you're promised a good grade.
In case you are a school or college students who is still reading my introduction, know that I achieved my primary goal: I persuaded you to keep on observing this piece of information. By sharing a number of great ideas with you, I hope that you'll learn when and why argumentative essay topics should be used.
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
Any high school or college (scholarship) essay includes several important steps to obey: it states the topic's thesis, provides supporting arguments based on the reliable evidence, and then concludes. It all depends on the conclusion how effective your persuasive paper was. The evidence and vivid examples you find during your research help to deliver your message to the target audience.
Before deciding on the topics, school and college students have to dedicate enough time to learn more information about the particular type of academic paper.
There are three important life lessons you should learn about the persuasive essay first:
- Definition: A persuasive paper aims to persuade the readers the writer is right with his judgments. Such paper must incite action and lead the audience to a chosen point of view on the selected topics, as well as convince the public they don't get the main idea of the matter in contrast to the author.
- Persuasive essay outline. Look for the details below.
- Free examples of school and college essays on different topics.
Most probably, you feel like you care about the issue I plan to cover now. I have persuaded you in learning the basics of writing a persuasive essay as it is important for your school and college career. Now, it is time to dig a bit deeper.
Writing Persuasive Essay Outline
By its structure, a persuasive piece on any topics looks pretty much the same as other types of academic papers. Based on your research, you must support every argument with facts and statistics. Use in-text quotations to cite specific sources. Take some time to learn more about various paper formats.
While trying to defend your thesis, don't hesitate to play dirty. You may motivate your readers to feel anger, pain, and happiness. Every argumentative essay should have an opposing view which will help you to prove you're right.
Place your argumentative paper in the following way:
- Introduction paragraph
- A powerful hook
- Point to your target audience
- Writing thesis statement
- Body paragraphs (2-3)
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 1 with evidence.
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 2 with evidence.
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 3 with evidence.
- Conclusion part
We offer an outline above to keep for your further academic writing activity. It will help not to get lost.
Best Persuasive Essay Topics You Can Test
At any age, you may face the need to convince people of the importance of your ideas. Thus, we offer the following ideas which suit persuasive text writing best of all.
- Should violent video games be banned among high school and college students?
It might be easy to persuade your teacher or parents, but if you write to reach the children, you might face strong opposition in the face of those people who support video games.
You must show how you care about the topic as you're a student too. You should play with the feelings of those people by, for example, recalling Columbine High School Massacre. It is better to conduct additional research to get the latest facts and statistics on mass murders in schools and colleges. Find a strong argumentative part which points to the threats of violent games.
- Financial motivation improves academic achievements
Some parents see no other way than starting to pay their children when they get a good grade at school. Everyone needs money to spend them on the things they enjoy.
There are people who do not support such decisions. They believe this way parents help their children to waste family budget on useless and even harmful things like alcohol and cigarettes. You may try to prove that great students do not have time for smoking or drinking. They would be unable to earn good grades otherwise.
- Technological progress does not possess any risks to the public
Many teachers and parents are against the rapid technological advancement as they think children spend all their free time in front of their computers instead of going outside and doing good old stuff.
List the pros and cons of modern technologies, still trying to defend your personal point of view.
- Are different types of social media dangerous to our privacy?
There is a spread public opinion that government and other structures have a right to access the social account of any citizen.
In your persuasive essay, try to show that even if the government does so, it won't use the private information of every user for its own purposes. Instead, they are doing so to protect people.
- Topics on different types of political regime
We are used to living in a democratic society where the government does not have enough power to control the life of every individual fully.
The goal of your text this time is to prove that freedom is not always good. Conduct a primary research on real historical episodes when democracy led to chaos. Use literary sources like the book "Divergent" to help the public understand there are two sides of the coin.
- LSD is not harmful to human physical health
Problems associated with drugs are rather contradictive. Based on the evidence from your research, you can first support people who support the free usage of LSD. While it is safe for our body, it may destroy the brain.
Try to support only one of the offered ideas and persuade the wide public in your opinion.
- Working hours must be made flexible
In such argumentative paper, you should write on the influence of lack of sleep on human health and productivity.
- Government must increase the minimum wage each time there is an inflation
You must know all aspects of financial topics once you choose them. It may take the time to conduct a research on the real causes and consequences of inflation, but your arguments have to be strong.
- Education should be free in every country
By fighting for justice, you may encourage many people to take your side. It's just important to operate the right words. List the disadvantages of the paid public education.
- People should not be allowed to keep dangerous animals at home
If you are a victim of the animal attack, you should offer reasons to ban exotic or dangerous animals as the pets. At least, you should try to insist on the special measures to increase the safety of people around.
Please feel free to explore other examples of great persuasive essay topics. However, if you choose to be the best, it is time to think about extra measures. The right place to improve your academic performance is, no doubt, a specialized online writing service. Here, you can order original papers with strong arguments on any persuasive topics in the world to earn the highest score on your test or entire course!
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
“He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense.”
– Joseph Conrad
That is one of the golden rules every student/young writer should memorize to carry out meaningful, powerful persuasive papers. The initial step to success is choosing the most interesting persuasive essay topics. To choose which subject you are going to discuss, it is necessary to view the full list of good persuasive speech topics from the particular field of study.
GET YOUR PERFECT RERSUASIVE ESSAY NOW
Dedicate a few minutes to looking through this article. It contains a number of the good persuasive speech topics high school & college teachers tend to assign. Do you have any questions left? A professional online writing service is willing to help every student who has problems with meeting the deadlines or writing argumentative papers.
Why Would a Student Need a List of the Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics?
What if I tell you that by reading this article every student will learn more about how to pick interesting persuasive essay topics and receive A+. Isn’t it a goal of each school/college student? Having more than 100 good persuasive essay topics is never enough without several supportive skills:
- Reading & Comprehension
- Research & Analysis
- Critical Thinking
The initial step to success is still selecting the subject to write about and acknowledging the opposing arguments.
Another great idea is to get some free essay examples of different types and on various subjects to get an overall idea of how a successful debatable paper looks.
The rest of the skills are gained during the elementary & middle school education. The teachers do not always assign the particular topic. Many students get stuck at the stage of choosing the subject; they fail the mission by being late.
It sounds like enough reasons to read the proposed article, which contains more than 100 interesting persuasive essay topics and valuable writing tips. Have I persuaded you to go on reading? It is the brilliant example of persuasive writing!
7 Tickets to a Winning Persuasive Essay
Take a stand: The golden rule of persuasive writing number one. Forget about the wishy-washy declarations in this type of academic writing: avoid generalizations like “Gender Studies as a school subject has its advantages & disadvantages.” A student must take a specific position (example: “Gender Studies is a useless, discriminative subject that must be removed from the high school/college curriculum.”
Check whether you have enough evidence to support the main argument (thesis statement). Conduct an in-depth research sitting in front of your computer or a school/college library. Apply both primary & secondary sources to collect different points of view, shocking facts, and impressive statistics.
“If you don’t know what you want to achieve in your presentation your audience never will.”
– Harvey Diamond
Decide on the target audience. Harvey is not the one to prove the significant role of the target reading/listening audience in the persuasive essay writing.
Out of the list of good persuasive speech topics, make a shorter list specifying the ideas you are familiar with and possess enough evidence to support your argument. The writer’s position must make sense (example: instead of claiming that murder is bad, state that a death penalty is not the most effective punishment and it will not stop serial killers fro what they do.)
Follow the accepted academic paper structure: introduction, 3-5 body paragraphs (one argument per each), conclusion, and Bibliography/References page.
Define the purpose. Are you trying to introduce an unpopular view on the subject of matter or are you writing to prove your position is right? The tone/voice of the final paper depends on these factors.
Add something more than evidence. Write your paper on one of the interesting persuasive essay topics based on the collected evidence, but do not forget to include other supporting elements such as examples & meaningful explanations. It would be great to write about things the writer has faced in his life.
GET YOUR PERSUASIVE ESSAY HERE
Enjoy 103 Good Persuasive Speech Topics: Make Your Choice Wisely!
Are you waiting impatiently to view the recommended list of good persuasive speech topics? We have divided 100+ cool persuasive topics into separate categories to make it simpler to choose the subject based on the student’s specialization.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Girls and boys can play in the same games teams
- Every professional athlete must pass the drug test before the contest
- What is the role of sports day in educational life?
- Are athletes better role models than rock stars?
- High school & college sportsmen should be paid
- Extreme kinds of sports must be banned for children
- The scandals may ruin the Olympic Games
- David Beckham is an overrated football player
- Swimming is the safest and healthiest type of sports
- The role of Physical Education in modern schools is underestimated
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Schools should make the classes shorter and more frequent
- It is important to decrease the amount of homework (get inspired)
- Why do parents deserve a greater impact on education?
- Which subject can be excluded from the high school program?
- Teachers deserve shorter holidays
- Students need longer holidays
- Gender Studies is a discriminative subject
- Should students be rewarded for the high test scores?
- Is there a way to punish school bullying effectively?
- Should schools abolish examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals
- Why protecting a Giant Panda is critical?
- Zoos are worse than human prisons
- A zoo is much better than a jail
- Foxes should be bred into the home pets
- What is the least dangerous animal on the planet?
- The influence of wild animals on nature
- Hunting for sport is an acceptable pastime
- They should make hunting illegal
- No one has a right to keep wild-caught exotic animals against their will
- People should stop wearing fur & leather clothing
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Pros and cons of wearing a school uniform
- The problem of hate crime in schools
- Our society is no longer male-dominated
- Does modern TV impinge on the adolescent’s intellect?
- Global Warming: myth or truth?
- The ethical & moral aspects of cloning
- Abortions should be illegal
- Death sentence is an acceptable punishing measure
- Companies must start paying paternity leave to fathers
- Should various communication devices be allowed during the examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music
- Percussionists cannot be called professional musicians
- It is time to make music literacy a mandatory element of high school/college curricula
- Are school students better off studying dance or music?
- Why are American and British musicians more paid than the artists from the rest of the world?
- Does it make sense to invest in your personal band?
- Every person with normal hearing can sing
- Playing bass guitar is not easier than playing 6-string electro guitar
- Music is one of the best treatments to cure mental disorders
- Can some genres like heavy metal push the children to commit suicide?
- Is gothic music focus on the topic of death?
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are cell phones safe?
- They must allow the law enforcement to apply DNA profiling in criminal investigations
- People have no right to conduct medical research on animal species
- The government should participate in developing measures necessary to prevent rare species of plants/animals from extinction
- Our activity contributes to the global warming
- People alone are responsible for the high level of pollution in the atmosphere
- Should oil companies be held more accountable in terms of the oil spills?
- Can marijuana be used as a medical treatment?
- They should stop cloning animals
- Is it safe to eat genetically modified food?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- The positive outcomes of war
- Homework writing assignments are useless in elementary school
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world
- Students of any age must have permission to keep their devices on during the class
- School cafeteria serve almost poisonous food
- Colleges must provide students with the free lunches
- Money can bring happiness
- Should students do homework tasks every night?
- Why can every child have a pet?
- What has more impact - recycling or donating?
Self-Help Writing Ideas
- Improve your time management to succeed at work
- The way to dress for success
- Why is it important to be true?
- Do the embarrassing episodes make people stronger?
- Potential catastrophes make people who survive value their lives more than before
- Should people live their lives spontaneously?
- Are determination and hard work enough to be successful?
- Self-confident is the most important personal trait
- Hobbies help to continue personal growth
- Is music a stress reliever capable of decreasing depression?
Government & Politics Argumentative Paper Ideas
- Recruiters must be required to post job vacancies on a government-run website
- Why is it the responsibility of our government to shelter homeless people?
- Must the religious groups drive the state fund schools?
- Puerto Rico should become a state
- Alaska has never belonged to the United States
- Barack Obama deserves to be printed on the new US banknotes
- Justice system in the United States has to be improved
- The military budget is rather huge: it is time to reduce it!
- Is a war on drugs failure?
- Marijuana can help to achieve peace around the world
Funny & Humorous Debatable Paper Ideas
(more ideas to make your homework answers smart!)
- Blondes are not necessarily dumb
- Humorous pick-up lines work
- Do men gossip more than women?
- Why should students be allowed to drink beer at school?
- They should assign PE writing homework
- Never let your parents become your FaceBook friends/followers
- Moms can be more fun & crazy than dads
- Debatable essays are pointless
- “Family Guy” displayed “Star Wars” better than George Lucas
- Men should start wearing pink clothing
Find a bonus: 3 more good persuasive essay topics you may write about:
- Reservation casinos are beneficial if managed properly (Finances class).
- Should Scotland gain independence? (History class)
- There is no way to defend & support gay marriage (International Relations class).
The proposed list of the good persuasive speech topics gives a clear understanding of what to write about to impress a high school/college teacher or the public. Choose the topic wisely! A student must be comfortable with his choice and elaborate on it to develop a powerful thesis and defend it. Don’t forget to add a strong hook at the beginning (introduction paragraph) and end up with an impressive conclusion to make the reader want to discuss the interesting persuasive essay topics of your choice. We wish you good luck!
P.S. Keep in mind you can contact online academic writers to assist in topic selection as well as writing the whole paper from A to Z.